Sunday 19 November 2017

Pumpkin and goat cheese pie


Pumpkin is in season and it is so very versatile. It is one of my favourite ingredients to use in food.
So here is my recipe for this savory treat. 



Ingredients

Pie dough 
You can use a store bought one or make your own. If I buy mine I usually go for a rye dough. Here is one recipe I use when I make my own:

100-150g butter (at room temperature)
1,5 dl shredded cheese
2 dl flour
2 dl rolled oats
3 table spoons cold water

Filling
500g pumpkin, cubed
100g goat cheese
100g ricotta
3 eggs
3/4 dl milk
Fresh basil
Salt
Pepper
(Curry)
Olive oil


Cube the pumpkin and toss the cubes in some olive oil. Put them on a roasting tray and roast for about 30 minutes (175°C) or until soft. While they bake, combine all ingredients for the dough, knead and press into a pie dish. Cool for 15 min. When the pumpkin is soft, take it out an let cool. While the cubes cool, prebake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Mix eggs, milk, ricotta and the spices. Place pumpkin cubes and goat cheese in the crust and pour the eggmixture over it. Bake for about 40 minutes in 175°C. Garnish with more basil and enjoy.

Enjoy!

~Stella



No comments:

Post a Comment