Wednesday 4 September 2019

Book of Shadows - the Project

Maiden, Mother, Crone. Drawings from my page on the Triple Goddess.

I have owned a large, hand made Book of Shadows for a few years now. It was a custom project hand made by a dear friend of mine, a monster of a book with 600+ pages. Basically it was a dream of mine come true to own such a tome. My intention from the beginning has been to fill it with information and to make it a collection of knowledge on my Wiccan path. 

My big, leather-bound Book of Shadows. So many pages to fill.

I have many different books and old Book of Shadows that I do use. But they are more like journals where I have collected my thoughts and different snippets of information from different sources. The intention of this book has therefore been to not just gather information, but to do so in a thought out way, preferably with a lot of pictures and drawings. This has meant that I have been very restrictive with what and how I write anything in my tome.

The big Book of Shadows-project, however, is now officially in the making. I have planned and made mock layouts for it for a while, and the thought process has taken its time. But I have finally begun to fill the pages with information. It is going to be a slow process, and it is ongoing. One does not simply fill 600+ pages in a few days.

Moon phases and how to utilize them for magical or other such workings.

The pages I have now been working on contain the moon phases, information on the moon, different moon deities, the Triple Goddess, and other moon related aspects of the Craft, such as chants and moon rituals.

The moon phases. I drew and painted this on a separate piece of paper and inserted it in the BoS.

I find myself enjoying drawing the images and making small doodles. Pictures speak their own language, and relay their own messages. My aim now is to consequently work with the BoS from time to time to fill its pages. I also want to share my progress in the hopes that it might inspire others in their own magical endeavors.

Blessed be!
~Stella

1 comment:

  1. That was cool, i hope i can do something like that

    ReplyDelete