Monday 28 May 2018

Recipe: Fresh summery salad

Here is a nice recipe for a salad that is bound to brighten any day.



Ingredients
1 bag of mixed salad (or make your own)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Mozzarella
Basil
Pistachios
Pickled red onions
Some salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil

I simply opened the salad bag and poured it onto a serving plate, removing any leaved that had gone bad. I then halved the strawberries and scattered them over the salad. I was going to use ready made small mozzarella balls, but I couldn't find any in the store so I got a large mozzarella ball and pulled pieces off of it and tossed them with the salad. I decorated with the basil leaves, mixing some into the salad as well. Lastly I scattered the blueberries and pistachios on the salad and decorated with the pickled red onions.

Serve with a little bit of ground black pepper and salt and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This is a very summery salad and is perfect with light meals like fish or chicken. I served mine with some honey-marinated grilled chicken, grilled halloumi cheese and couscous.

Have a lovely day!
~Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment